How do I get started?
Either, make an appointment for a One-To-One lesson, or join the Group Classes which I organise on a regular basis. To find out more about the Anat Baniel Method I recommend reading a copy of her excellent book Move Into Life.
Individual lessons involve gentle touch and guiding movements by me, to present useful information to the brain. Working within your range of ease, these explorations bring awareness to your current patterns of movement, thought and action, and your brain “wakes up” to itself, becoming aware of how it interacts with other parts of the body and the outer world, whilst introducing new possibilities.
As the process unfolds, the brain organises the various sensations into meaningful patterns of experience, with which it spontaneously discovers new solutions that contribute to easier movement as it becomes better organised.
What to expect
You may be lying down on a table or lessons could also be done where you will be seated or standing.
Dress in loose, comfortable clothing, with your socks on and it may be useful to have several layers, especially if you tend to feel the cold.
Revitalise your life and enhance your well being
Wake up and rewire your brain by learning how to:
- OVERCOME PAIN and stiffness in the back and neck
- REVERSE LIMITATIONS due to ageing or injury
- INCREASE overall flexibility and strength
- ENHANCE your mental clarity and vitality
- GAIN new levels of fitness – body and mind
TRY YOUR FIRST CLASS FREE!
TUESDAY EVENINGS AT 7.15PM FROM APRIL 4, 2017
Single class £8, or series of 5 classes £35
About the classes
- Classes last between 45-60 minutes
- You will be verbally guided by me to do gentle movements throughout
- Each lesson will concentrate on a different function and movement skill, to focus on brain change and growth, leading to rapid increases in better organisation, strength, flexibility and skill
- Wear loose comfortable clothing such as sweatpants, yoga pants, etc. so full range of movement is not constricted by your clothing
- Please bring clean socks
- A folded towel makes a good head support if needed